Tuesday, November 17, 2009

This is kind of a weird question about my son's hair...I had posted in baby section but not man

My son is 7 1/2 months old and bi-racial (caucasion and african american). He started out with straight silky baby hair, then it turned wavy and then curly. For the last 2-3 months he has had this one spot on the back of his head that was courser and frizzy. Over the last week he has started to have a spot in the front and on the sides that looks kind of like this but is soft, fine and frizzy (but only when he first wakes up if he had a bath before bed). Is this how mixed childrens hair changes?Spot by spot? I just don't know. I spray soft %26amp; precious detangler (for african american hair) on it and brush it and it looks like big soft curls again. Also, all his hair is still his same baby hair he was born with (the curly hair) EXCEPT where he rubbed his hair out on the sides when he was younger and this has come back in straight! I just wondered if he is going to have two different textures of hair or what? haha Also-I switch between johnsons cond shampoo %26amp; soft%26amp;precious shampoo



This is kind of a weird question about my son's hair...I had posted in baby section but not many answers.?

don't worry. all of this is totally normal. a child's hair will eventually even out, but when they're just liitle babies, yes, it will go spot by spot. the shampoo thing is no big deal either. just try to calm down. everything that's happening right now is totally natural.



This is kind of a weird question about my son's hair...I had posted in baby section but not many answers.?

it's bad for adults hair to switch with hair products let alone baby hair. use the same product each time you wash your kids hair! no wonder!



This is kind of a weird question about my son's hair...I had posted in baby section but not many answers.?

it could be just what happens when he lays on it. it gets all frizzy. does he turn over on his sides when he goes to bed. That could be it.



This is kind of a weird question about my son's hair...I had posted in baby section but not many answers.?

Remember, white hair and black hair are two different things, so you may have to ask a professional or your doctor about his hair. In the meantime, try using the same things on his hair rather than switching around.



This is kind of a weird question about my son's hair...I had posted in baby section but not many answers.?

Any baby's hair does that. Changes colors, textures, thickness, etc. Its to be expected and it sounds like you are doing good things for his hair be healthy when he gets older. Good job mom!



This is kind of a weird question about my son's hair...I had posted in baby section but not many answers.?

Our son must be exactly the same because his hair is like that too! Ain't no other way to explain it. but my son is 100% African American. He started out with smooth, straight, good hair and now he has, curly, wavy, good hair. I wouldn't put anything on his hair but vaseline thugh. i wouldn't even put baby oil on it because it will make his hair stringy and nappy. it's normal I guess. He will probably go back to having that good, straight hair as he gets older once u stop using that detangler. Just use Johnson's baby shampoo and use some vaseline or petroleum jelly and he should fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment