Tuesday, November 17, 2009

For African American's: Do you use baby powder on your hair to cut down grease?

I am a caucasian female. I sometimes put baby powder in my hair if my hair looks greasy and i dont have time to wash it. The baby powder works to hide the grease, it absorbs the grease very well. I am not familiar with the natural properties of black people's hair. Therefore, I am curious if African American females (or males) do the same thing? I am not asking this question in any sort of racist or rude manner. I am asking this question for a research study. If you DO use baby powder, please let me know the specific ways you use it. Thank you!



For African American's: Do you use baby powder on your hair to cut down grease?

I've never really heard of an african american using baby powder to absorb some of the grease in their head. You said that you use it when you don't have time to wash it, that understandable because caucasian hair seems to gets greasier quicker than african american hair. With that being said I think its safe to say that our hair tends to be dryer, and putting baby powder in it, wouldn't let the natural oils nourish our hair. So i don't we would use it like that, well at least I don't.



For African American's: Do you use baby powder on your hair to cut down grease?

WOW.



I heard some people do but i dnt personally



my best friend just puts it on her hairline just to keep oil from her har out of her face. i dnt think n e 1 puts it in their "hair"



For African American's: Do you use baby powder on your hair to cut down grease?

well im not fully black and i dont have "black hair" but i do put baby powder in my hair only when i straighten it though. my hairs curly so i wash it everyday it doesnt get oily. but i only put it in my part not throughout my head.



For African American's: Do you use baby powder on your hair to cut down grease?

no we dont it's ok you dont sound rasist,i saw this done in a 17 mag for people who has greasy hair.black people dont get greasy hair are hair is mosty dry and that's waht we need is mositure



For African American's: Do you use baby powder on your hair to cut down grease?

Most African-Americans don't have greasy hair but, I'm sure some do. In any event, I haven't heard of anyone using baby powder to alleviate greasiness.



One thing I don't want to do here is get into generalizing. African-American's hair comes in many textures ranging from straight to tightly coiled and you can find many different textures on the same head. There are several genetic reasons for this. This may help with your research:



http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?...



Personally speaking, I only use baby powder on my body after I shower to help absorb perspiration when it's hot outside and one time I used it by my desk at work when I found a trail of ants. There's an ingredient in the powder that the ants can't digest so it kills them on the spot and you don't have to inhale bug spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment