Friday, November 13, 2009

Hair Products....?

Ok i have VERY curly hair so my mom went out to get a relaxer for my hair. I noticed that their were only african americans on the box and they have different type of hair then me. I have regular hair. So i open the box and their are lots of different chemicals and so my question is will my hair work with these chemicals and also will my hair be greasy or feel like african american hair?



Hair Products....?

Curly hair can be relaxed with ANY chemical relaxer. The reason these boxes have Black women on the boxes is because They are the ones that typically use them. The pictures are simply for marketting purpases. There are relaxers called Kiddie perms. "Just for me" is a brand formulated for children and is what most of the white women in my boyfriend's High End NYC salon use. No it will not turn your hair into African American Hair, but what it will do is relax your natural curl pattern. Because your hair is not as course as some of our textures you should only leave the kiddie perm in your hair for about 10 minutes. I do not chemically relax my curls because these chemicals over time will kill your hair. You may notice more shedding and you will need to be constantly deep conditioning your hair to replace all the moisture that is lost when you chemically straighten your hair. Eggs, Mayo, olive oil will become your best conditioning friends! When I do not straighten my hair with a ceramic flat iron (The CHI), I use Miss jessies curly pudding. This stuff works wonders so go ahead and check out missjessies.com for more details.



Hair Products....?

There are great products out there for very curly hair to be straightened. I wouldn't recommend the relaxer you have bought as it will damage your hair and dry it out even more. It will not be poker straight, and may still be frizzy. The products from GHD, including the straighteners will work on the curliest hair and keep it shiny and poker straight. Believe me, it works as I have very curly, dry hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment