Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Is wetting my hair [ My hair: Natural, curly african-american texture, and short] bad for my scalp/h

Every day I wet my hair in the morning, and put in some leave in conditioner so it can be curly. Now I am starting to get an irritated scalp and very bad dandruff. It seems as though my scalp is never dry. Any help or suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks!



Is wetting my hair [ My hair: Natural, curly african-american texture, and short] bad for my scalp/hair?

i am natural also but I keep my hair braided. I use leave in conditioner but usually every few days. It is fine to wet your hair, I use a spray bottle with distilled water and a couple drops of tea tree oil. You probably just have build up from the leave in and not dandruff.



Is wetting my hair [ My hair: Natural, curly african-american texture, and short] bad for my scalp/hair?

dont leave in conditionar and get some head and shoulders or selsum blue also get some grease up in your head lol



Is wetting my hair [ My hair: Natural, curly african-american texture, and short] bad for my scalp/hair?

u shouldnt do that alot or make sure u oil ur scalp



Is wetting my hair [ My hair: Natural, curly african-american texture, and short] bad for my scalp/hair?

Unfortunately the conditioner is making you flake. Go to a Sally Beauty Supply Store and they have a wonderful Ethnic section. Look for a good scalp oil. Using this alone should get rid of the flaking. Don't even bother with a dandruff shampoo as you really don't have dandruff....you just have dry conditioner!



Is wetting my hair [ My hair: Natural, curly african-american texture, and short] bad for my scalp/hair?

hey babe,avoid wetting your hair everyday.instead just use a leave-in conditioner like infusium(it more liquid than solid).use a tea tree shampoo twice a month.also try using head and shoulders dandruff shampoo.keep up the natural texture



Is wetting my hair [ My hair: Natural, curly african-american texture, and short] bad for my scalp/hair?

african american hair is not met to be wet for a long period of time. thats why we are always saying please dont wait my hair. sorry sweetie but you cannot be wetting your hair everyday theres dandruff now but your hair is going to start falling out soon.



Is wetting my hair [ My hair: Natural, curly african-american texture, and short] bad for my scalp/hair?

You should just try a water based spray leave in conditioner instead of rinsing your hair in the shower. Tea tree oil(100% natural tea tree oil that is) is great for an itchy/flaky scalp.



If your rinsing and your scalp is not dry than it may just be the weather, be sure after you shower/rinse to coat the scalp with a light moisturizing oil, like sweet almond or coconut to prevent the dryness.



Is wetting my hair [ My hair: Natural, curly african-american texture, and short] bad for my scalp/hair?

I'm natural too. I don't like leave in conditioner so much so after i wet my hair (normally every three days) I let it dry a bit and the put oil on my hair. If you want it to get really cuurly try Miss Jessie or Carol's daughters products. Instead of wetting your hair in the shower use a spray bottle on your hair. Hope that has been a lil help.



Is wetting my hair [ My hair: Natural, curly african-american texture, and short] bad for my scalp/hair?

Oil your scalp



Use the leave in conditioner



and use a silicon based product over the leave in conditioner and oil sheen as a finisher



I wore my hair natural for years. The scalp irration occurs because the water does dry it out. So wet it oil your scalp. You can use a good hair grease or a jojoba, olive, or a natrual oil (like Hot Six Oil).



Is wetting my hair [ My hair: Natural, curly african-american texture, and short] bad for my scalp/hair?

Girl I'm natural too! When my hair was super short i was wetting it everyday. I don't like most leave in conditoner for my hair it seems to do more harm than good. If you're set on using it try the Cantu shea hair repair it comes in a 16oz. Or use Africa's best herbal oil both keep my hair soft and curls in check



Is wetting my hair [ My hair: Natural, curly african-american texture, and short] bad for my scalp/hair?

Hi there,



I don't think your problem is necessarily that you're wetting your scalp everyday. I think there is a problem with your process.



What you should be doing daily is conditioner-washing. Meaning that you use conditioner to cleanse your hair. (Not just wetting your hair and adding more leave-in which is probably causing the build-up and irritated scalp) Right now, your scalp is not getting clean. Here is a process that should work for you:



Use a very light conditioner to cleanse your hair daily. (Suave Naturals are good and cheap)



First, you'll completely rinse your hair with the shower head.



Then apply the leave-in conditioner as if it were shampoo - to your length and roots.



Take your hands and massage it in as if you're cleansing your hair (as if it were shampoo).



Comb your hair through to detangle and bring out the curl.



Pin your hair up while you bathe.



Finish bathing and rinse your hair - rinse well but you don't have to over-rinse.



Now, get out of the shower and apply your leave-in (creamy to add weight) and your styling product.



To start fresh:



Shampoo your hair with a moisturizing conditioner. As well, you should still shampoo your hair maybe once a week or every other week. This will get rid of any product build-up and give you a chance to deep condition.



I hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment